Mission and History

Have you ever felt a nudge
from God to take a step in faith?

In 2007, our founders, Craig and Amy Bay and Drew Files, responded to God’s stirring and joined a church planting trip in western Uganda. When they arrived in the tropical, rural village of Mabaale, they quickly saw the needs of God’s orphaned and vulnerable children.

Responding to God’s prompting, Bless the Children Ministries was created in 2008, dedicated to caring for orphaned and vulnerable children through discipleship, education, and holistic care.

Today, Bless the Children Ministries brings the body of Christ together to respond to that same call: to see a generation of children come alive with hope for a better future. We invite you to join God’s story in Mabaale, Uganda.

Our Mission

To be the love of Christ to Uganda’s orphaned and vulnerable children equipping them to become authentic Godly leaders that transform generations.

Responding to God’s prompting, Bless the Children Ministries was created in 2008, dedicated to caring for orphaned and vulnerable children through discipleship, education, and holistic care.

Our Values

Authentic

We know ourselves and let
ourselves be known.

Servant – Hearted

We consider others more
significant than ourselves.

Christ Like

We are becoming more like Jesus
and helping others become more like
him too.

Passionate

We are “all in”  when it comes
to advancing our mission.

Compassionate

We are filled with love for
those around us.
 
Financial Responsibility

We believe God has gifted and entrusted us with this ministry, it’s children, as well as the staff. We understand our responsibility to ensure funds are being properly received, managed and distributed for the benefit of the children under  BTCM’s care. We deeply care about each child and work hard to see that our work and funds are used effectively in supporting each child as they receive their basic  needs, come to know and follow Jesus Christ, discover their gifts and calling, and be equipped to grow into authentic godly leaders in their communities.

Nonprofit/ NGO Status

 

Bless the Children Ministries US is a registered 501c3, Non-Profit Government
Organization.  We have a partner ministry in Uganda also named Bless the Children Ministries, which is registered as an NGO with the Ugandan government. Bless the Children Ministries is one of the few licensed orphan homes in Uganda, a title received by organizations that pass strict governmental requirements for high standards of care for each child.

Financial Stewardship

 

For every sponsorship dollar, 90% goes directly to Uganda to care for each child. The remaining 10% covers unsponsored children and staff or expenses to support running our sponsorship program. Internal audits by the Ugandan government are conducted annually for Bless the Children Ministries, Uganda.

Please refer to our Annual Impact Report to learn more. 

TOGETHER WE TRANSFORM A GENERATION

Ready to join?

Get To Know Us

About Us

Our Work

Meet the Team

2019 Annual Impact Report

 

 

Contact Us

EMAIL
info@btcm.org

LOGIN

          

 

For Donations:
Bless the Children Ministries
Lockbox Department 240
PO BOX 701683
Tulsa, OK 74901

For General Mail:
Bless the Children Ministries
c/o Gibraltar Cap Management
9125 S Toledo Ave
Tulsa, OK 74137